Cancer Awareness

Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. Cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. It represents 8.5 million deaths (around 15% of all deaths) in 2017. The majority of cancers, around 80-85% of cases, are due to genetic mutations caused by environmental factors. The remaining 10-15% is due to inherited genetics.

Environmental, as practiced by tumor researchers, determines some reason that is not genetically inherited, such as lifestyle, commercial and behavioral circumstances and factors, and not only pollution.

Common environmental factors that contribute to death from cancer include tobacco (30-40%), diet and obesity (20-30%), infections (10-20%), radiation (both ionizing and non-ionizing, up to 15%), stress, lack of physical activity and pollution.

Cancer usually generates fear that originates from ignorance and error. More than 40% of cancer patients could be prevented by changing lifestyle or by avoiding key risk agents. Approximately 1/4 of cancer cases could be reduced if cases are treated and detected at an early stage.

Objectives of cancer awareness

To create awareness of the disease.

Help people recognize the early signs and symptoms of cancer, allowing them to seek treatment at an early stage. The presentation support and encourages participants to explore prompt medical care for signs that may involve lumps, wounds, bleeding, hoarseness, weight loss and persistent indigestion/ cough/pain, etc.

Educate people about the main risk factors for cancer, since more than 40% of cancer cases could be prevented by modifying lifestyle or avoiding key risk factors.

Inform people about the importance of cancer screening at an early stage and motivate them to take over cancer control services at a very nominal cost through the Cancer Detection Center.

Achievements of cancer awareness

During 2010-2017, 190 educational and awareness-raising programs on cancer were carried out in various places, such as schools, institutes, private companies, NGOs and government organizations. A total of 30,315 participants benefited from these programs. During the programs, information was provided on cancer, the causes and symptoms of cancer, types of cancer, cancer control and its importance, treatment, and prevention of cancer. During the program, pamphlets related to cancer were distributed among the participants to educate them about cancer.

    Related Conference of Cancer Awareness

    February 20-21, 2019 |

    27th Annual Congress on Cancer Science and Targeted Therapies

    San Francisco, USA
    February 20-21, 2019

    International Meeting on Dermato Oncology

    Dallas, USA
    February 27-28, 2019

    17th International Conference on Cancer Research and Therapy

    Courtyard Marriott Seoul Times Square, Seoul, South Korea
    March 4-5, 2019

    24thAnnual meet on Surgical Oncology

    Paris, France
    March 07-08, 2019

    32nd Euro Congress on Cancer Science & Therapy

    Barcelona, Spain
    March 20-21, 2019

    10th Euro Breast Cancer Summit

    | Paris, France
    March 20-21, 2019

    15 thGLOBAL BIOMARKERS SUMMIT

    | Paris, France
    April 08-09, 2019

    3rd World Congress on Radiology and Oncology

    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    April 29-30, 2019

    33rd Global Experts Meeting on Cancer Science & Therapy

    Courtyard Marriott Seoul Times Square, Seoul, South Korea
    May 06-07, 2019

    International Conference on Frontiers in Lung Cancer

    | Radisson Hotel Narita | Tokyo, Japan
    May 6-7, 2019

    3rd Global Summit on Oncology & Cancer

    | Radisson Hotel Narita | Tokyo, Japan
    May 09-10, 2019

    15th World Congress on Blood Cancer

    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    May 13-14, 2019

    16th Asia Pacific
    Oncologists Annual Meeting

    Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium, Singapore
    July 15-16, 2019

    23rd Global Annual Oncologists Meeting

    Yokohama, Japan
    July 19-20, 2019

    Women Oncology & Nursing Care

    Atlanta, USA
    September 13-14, 2019

    31st Experts Meet On Cancer Therapy

    | Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium | Singapore
    October 10-11, 2019 |

    37th World Cancer Conference

    Dublin, Ireland
    October 14-15, 2019

    4th World Conference on Breast and Cervical Cancer

    Helsinki, Finland
    October 21-22, 2019

    4th World Congress on Frontiers in Cancer Research and Therapy

    Melbourne, Australia
    November 11-12 2019

    3rd Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment Conference

    Frankfurt, Germany

    Cancer Awareness Conference Speakers

    Recommended Sessions

    Related Journals

    Are you interested in